Find a Person

The farms of Beaconsfield are numbered from 1 to 33, from the western limit with Baie d'Urfé to the eastern limit with Pointe-Claire.


John Milton Angell (1883-1950)

John Milton Angell, brother of William Nevin, was Alderman on the Council of the Town of Beaconsfield from 1916 to 1948, missing only one 2-year term. His farmhouse was at 515 Lakeshore Road until it was destroyed by fire in January 2002. In the 1890s, the English children were taught school in the house of John Milton.


Roberta Angell (October 26th, 1914 – October 21st, 2006)

Roberta Angell was the descendant of the first English family to establish itself as farmer in Beaurepaire. She was the last child of William Nevin Angell (1873 – 1956) and Hannah Hodgson (1878 – 1924) to survive.

This couple had 7 children out of which 4 lived to be adult:
Doris (1906-1998), Cecil (1908-1980), Earl (1911-1966) and Roberta (1914-2006).
None of the children married, leaving no descendant.

Roberta Angell was devoted to her community and to her family. She was attached to her City and its history. She lived in the ancestral house of farm 5, at 530 Lakeshore Road, in Beaconsfield. This house was built for John, William Nevin’s father, in 1860. In 2001, at Roberta Angell’s request, who wanted to insure the preservation of her house, the City of Beaconsfield recognized the historical value of this house by citing it as historical monument.


William Nevin Angell (1873-1956) et Hannah Hodgson (1878 – 1924)

William Nevin Angell, son of John Angell, is the grandson of William Angell and Mary Garbutt, the ancestors who acquired farm #5 in 1840 to become the first English farming family to establish themselves in Beaurepaire. The farmhouse at 530 Lakeshore Road was built in 1860 for John Angell, father of William Nevin.

William Nevin Angell and Hannah Hodgson had 7 children out of which 4 lived to be adult:
Doris (1906-1998), Cecil (1908-1980), Earl (1911-1966) and Roberta (1914-2006). None of the children married, leaving no descendant.

In 2001, the City of Beaconsfield cited this heritage house, at the request of Roberta Angell, daughter of William Nevin, the last Angell to live in this house. The house is thus protected from demolition.


 Photo : 1924 – William Nevin and Hannah with their children; l. to r.: Doris, Earl, William Nevin, Cecil, Hannah, Roberta


Louis Côté (1831-   ) and Marcelle Bisson

Louis married Marcelle Bisson in 1854. They lived in Beaurepaire, probably on farm #4, which was purchased by David Lamoureux in 1916.


Alfred Dagenais (1850-1903)

Brother of Wilfrid, Alfred Dagenais was deeded farm #27 by his father Louis (Émilie Neveu), in 1888.


Photo : c1890


Wilfrid Dagenais 

Brother of Alfred, Wilfrid Dagenais was deeded farm #29 by his father Louis (Émilie Neveu), in 1888. He was an Alderman on the first Council of Beaconsfield in 1910.


Théodose Daoust (   - 1972)

Farm #30 was acquired by the Daoust prior to 1849. Théodose dairy farm was the last one to be operated in Beaconsfield. The farmhouse, at 49 Lakeshore Road, was built at the end of the 18th Century.


Joseph-Rémi Legault (1872-1954) and Anna Aubry

Joseph-Rémi’s father, Rémi Legault dit Deslauriers (1831-1905), came to Beaurepaire and purchased farm #9 in 1862. Joseph-Rémi served 32 years as Alderman for Beaconsfield and was President of the Beaconsfield Catholic School Commission from 1913 to 1953.


Pierre Neveu (1840-1903) and Rose de Lima Valois

Pierre Neveu purchased farm #12 in 1870. He married Napoléon Valois’ sister, Rose de Lima Valois. In 1892, he sold a piece of land for the first catholic school, which was bilingual, “La petite école de Beaurepaire" that will be built in 1893. Having had no children, the farm was sold after their deaths.